menu
1 min read

Pentagon’s Yan An to Undergo Surgery for Benign Tumor in August

Yan An opens up about his health, shares surgery plans, and reassures fans
1 month ago
Yan An shares health update during livestream, announces upcoming surgery

Former Pentagon member and Chinese actor Yan An has shared a personal health update with fans. During a livestream on July 22, he revealed that he has a benign tumor on his head and is scheduled to have surgery this August.

The Taiwanese media outlet ETtoday reported on July 23 that Yan An told fans he would be stepping back from acting projects due to his health condition.

Yan An explained that the tumor had been with him for some time, but his busy schedule kept him from getting treatment. “I was supposed to have surgery a while ago,” he said, “but I couldn’t find the right time because of work.”

He added that the tumor recently grew bigger, causing pain and swelling. “That’s when I decided it was time to go through with the surgery,” he shared. Yan An also mentioned that he plans to shave his head ahead of the procedure.

While he’ll be taking a short break to recover, Yan An reassured fans by saying, “It’s not a serious illness, so please don’t worry too much.”

Yan An first rose to fame as a member of the K-pop group Pentagon in 2016. After leaving Cube Entertainment in 2023, he has been focusing on his acting career in China.

Sunita Khatri

Sunita Khatri

I’m a BICTE student with a passion for entertainment journalism. At Ritible, I specialize in covering Bollywood news, celebrity updates, and the latest trending stories in the entertainment industry.